Monday, October 25, 2010

Holiday Helpers

An old friend recently asked me how to find volunteer opportunities for the holiday season.  I took this as a great time to share some really handy sites that list volunteer opportunities.  I think one of the biggest misconceptions with volunteering is that it has to be a long-term commitment.  The reality is that many organizations are looking for help for a specific event or for temporary time frame.

I personally love VolunteerSanDiego.org because you can choose long-term or short-term opportunities, you can search by a specific organization and they will even list if a particular opportunity is kid-friendly.  If you aren't in the San Diego area, I'm sure there's a similar site in your area.  Simply search for volunteer opportunities + (your city or zip) for local sites.

Here are some handy sites to help get you started...

Please let me know if you decide to sign up for a volunteer opportunity.  
I'd love to join you!

No comments:

Post a Comment