Wednesday, January 5, 2011

YOU.

It's with wide open arms that I happily welcome the New Year!  I hope you share in my optimism.  As I see it, the new year is a great opportunity to "reset" my mind, spirit and anything negative has carried weight on my shoulders from the past year.

The holidays were amazing- parties, fundraisers, gift exchanges and family gatherings .  It was probably the most fun that I've had in many years! I know it's important to be mindful of my health all the time, but I also feel like it's the one time of the year that I can ease up a little bit to enjoy excess of my favorite things.  

Now that the holidays are behind us and the waistband of my jeans is a bit tighter, I'm ready to get back into my routine.  In fact, had the holidays gone on for another month, I probably would have collapsed from exhaustion and over-indulgence!
The Daily Act is about "acts of kindness" and as I see it, the #1 act is taking care of yourself first.  If you let yourself go mentally, physically & spiritually, I truly believe that your ability to help others lessens.  And so, I'd like to remind you to take time out for yourself.  Don't feel bad about it- there are 24 hours in a day!  You can give yourself an hour to meditate, go for a walk, cook a healthy meal, read a book- something just for you.  I challenge you to try it out for a few days and try to notice the difference it makes with your spirit.  I started back on my eating healthy/exercise kick 3 days ago and already I feel like my mind is clearer and I'm a calmer, happier person to be around. 
YOU come first...be kind to yourself.

1 comment: