Monday, November 1, 2010

The Value of Karma.

So, today's post is actually about yesterday's actions.  My friend and I agreed that my actions weren't necessarily an "act of kindness" BUT it's worthy of posting for the mere fact that it scored me some pretty good karma points. 
My friend and I were grabbing some lunch before the Chargers game at a local burger place when suddenly in my peripheral view I saw something green flutter to the floor a few feet away from where we were sitting.  I directed my full attention to find that a $20 bill had slipped out of the pocket of a fellow Charger fan with a very large afro wig (the game was on Halloween so of course he's got an afro wig on, silly!).  

For a millisecond, I thought up what I could do with that $20, but my gut instincts told me otherwise.  I grabbed the $20 and handed over to the rightful owner.  He was understandably happy that I handed it back.  Although I didn't have the $20, I decided the value of karma was plenty.  In fact, the value of the good karma was probably worth more than the $20- it scored the Chargers a win!!

The bottom line is it's really about doing what's right...

No comments:

Post a Comment